GRIFFIN ISLAND, WELLFLEET
Description: Hike through the woods & hills of Griffin Island along the Herring River to Bay and return
Place to Meet: Meet at Great Island parking lot, Wellfleet.
Driving/Parking Directions: Chequesset Neck Road to end, turning left into Great Island parking lot
Start: (note: underlined words have links to pictures)
- Cross roadway and follow Duck Island Rd (dirt) past fork to Fire Road sign near High Toss Road
- Continue on narrow path bearing RIGHT at first fork and again at next fork.
- Take immediate LEFT at end of parking lot along snow fencing
- Go STRAIGHT at first apparent intersection then veer LEFT up a hill into the woods.
- Take a LEFT at next fork at top of dune. Note the view.
- Go past fencing and take RIGHT at next fork
- Walk over hill and down to the original Duck Island Rd turning RIGHT
- Walk back to Great Island Parking lot via marsh road and stairs.
See All Pictures
#19 Revised 3/19/2012