PARADISE/LOMBARD HOLLOWS, TRURO
Description: Hike through woodlands and scenic hollows to Cape Cod Bay at Ryder Beach
(2 ½ hours, mostly flat)
Place to Meet: Meet at George Nilson Road, Truro
Driving/Parking Directions: On the west side of Route 6 going north or south,
turn onto George Nilson Rd. and park on either side of road
Start: (note: underlined words have links to pictures)
- Start on fire road off George Nilson Road, walking west
- Take the first RIGHT fork and then LEFT at next fork
- Turn RIGHT at next fork into Lombard Hollow.
- At next intersection turn LEFT.
- Bear LEFT at the next Y and STRAIGHT at next
- The road will veer LEFT and down to roadway and a sharp RIGHT turn onto Old County Road
- Take first LEFT onto fire road, making no turns until you reach the RR bed.
- RIGHT onto RR bed. Walk to first LEFT road going toward Ryder Beach
- Bear LEFT at top of hill, LEFT to small path, LEFT at driveway, LEFT at next driveway
- Follow road around curve and walk to Ryder Beach via public access.
- Retrace steps: From this point you will return via the same route that got you here.
- Go RIGHT at first driveway
- Go LEFT at drivewway near house, RIGHT up narrow path.
- Turn RIGHT onto RR bed and go to first fire road on the left and turn LEFT.
- Continue STRAIGHT at fork to Old County Road, turning RIGHT
- Make a sharp LEFT go up hill and at the first fire road turn RIGHT. Now you will start a new route which will take you back to your car, keep on the main fire road and make no turns.
- Pass a reverse fork, bear RIGHT at next fork and bear LEFT on next, go to George Nilson Road
#23 Revised 3/19/2012