DOANE ROCK, EASTHAM
Description: Walk through Little Creek to Nauset Light and Coast Guard Beach
and back to parking area
Place to Meet: Meet at Doane Rock parking lot, Eastham
Driving/Parking Directions: Turn east from route 6, go past
Salt Pond Visitors Center on
Doane Road and continue to Doane Rock Parking lot (2nd lot on left)
Start: (note: underlined words have links to pictures)
- Walk north in parking lot and walk past the restrooms and
- Cross Doane Road & take path directly across street
to Little Creek parking lot
- Cross parking lot to northeast corner and pick up (part) asphalt path
- Follow path, going
STRAIGHT at first 'Y'. Go to Nauset Road
and make an immediate right on to
- LEFT at next intersection.
- LEFT at next fork
and on to Cable Road and Three Sisters Lighthouses. (can extend w/loop through lighthouses)
- Cross road and walk Bike Path to
Nauset Light and to original site marker.
- Go to beach and walk SOUTH to Coast Guard Station & up to parking lot
- Pick up path on LEFT to
bike path & wooden bridge over marsh
- STRAIGHT on dirt path when bike path veers to LEFT.
Follow signs to Doane Rock and 'Trail'.
- Turn RIGHT and follow
asphault path to parking lot
See all pictures
#24 Revised 2/4/2016