HAWKSNEST STATE PARK, HARWICH
Description: Hike by several ponds on fire roads and woodland trails, including Harwich Conservation Land. Hike is 4 miles long without taking the option.
Place to Meet: Meet at Spruce Road, Hawksnest State Park, Harwich
Driving/Parking Directions: Take exit 11 off route 6 going south. Spruce Rd. is directly across from #11 on ramp to Orleans. Go 0.3 miles and park on left side of road just past fencing in the area of the second blue fire hydrant (not in front of)
Start: (note: underlined words have links to pictures)
- Go STRAIGHT at 4-way intersection with round Pond Road, go STRAIGHT past road on left.
- Go LEFT at 4-way and walk a short distance to the Cuddy sand pit, then return.
- Go STRAIGHT across road at 4-way intersection.
- Go RIGHT again at first main pathway
- RIGHT onto path just before road and follow main path to road.
- Option: go STRAIGHT over dirt road to path into Harwich Conservation Land. Continue to first road, Jayze, and go LEFT at small parking lot. At next intersection go LEFT again on Nathan Walker Rd; note street sign on tree. Walk past next driveway and go LEFT again on Nathan Walker. In 10 yards you will be back where you started this option. Continue straight.
- RIGHT on dirt road (Nathan Walker) and continue making no turns. Walk past several houses.
- When you get to Spruce Road go RIGHT and return to cars.
See all pictures
#32 Revised 1/31/2012